Daring Bakers April Challlenge - British Pudding

The April 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Esther of The Lilac Kitchen. She challenged everyone to make a traditional British pudding using, if possible, a very traditional British ingredient: suet.

I confess: This time I am too late. I made a pudding from my dessert book the 27th of the month, but never managed to take a picture.  After three more days of ignorance in my kitchen, the banana pudding with dulce the leche and macadamia nuts started to mold. I tried again today, this time a pudding with a crust, using apples, pistachios and berries (dried cranberries soaked in Contreau overnight and fresh raspberries) for the filling. After three hours of steaming, it was finished an hour ago. It was not bad, I guess we'll have the rest for dinner tomorrow. I am sorry I missed this one (never though I myself would steam pudding for hours after hearing horrible stories about christmas plum in school). It is a cold comfort, but I was daring a last.









left: the dough for the crust (I used vegetable shortening)
right: already filled (just the 'lid' is missing)

ready for steaming









Doesn't look that bad at all ... but is it done? Looks like - wanna have a slice?

Keine Kommentare: