Fridays with Beatrice: Basil-flavoured zucchini and Comté muffins

This time, it was my turn again. I have been waiting long to propose this recipe, but now there is zucchini season, it was just right. I love savoury muffins - long time ago I made pizza-style ones which were great, but after that I didn't find recipes that seemed healthy enough (containing just loads of cheese or bacon). This recipe is a gluten-free one, but as I had no amaranth flour, I hat to use wheat flour. For grating the zucchini I used my microplane grate which gave a great result. Unfortunately I couldn't find Comté, so I used Emmentaler.
 
 
My brother promised me some fresh zucchini from his garden - and I was given four huge 'things' (two yellow and two green zucchinis), each weighing about 800 to 1000 g. As I only need 300g for this recipe, I guess there will bei made a lot more batches of those muffins during the next days.
The muffins were really moist (as they are supposed to be) and had a nutty taste (thanks to the hazelnuts and the millet flour). As Lena states in her post, there is some salt missing - I used about a teaspoon but that wasn't enough. I think that is the reason the intensity of the basil and cheese flavour was low. Maybe a more aromatic (and saltier) ham like Pancetta could solve that problem - I will try that with the next batch. The nuts were a nice addition, but are not really necessary for my taste.
As the muffins came out of the oven, I was quite hungry. So I ate three of them before they were cooled. Afterwards I was stuffed - in a good way ;-)
 
Roundup: Savoury muffin with potential, especially for a regular brunch snack.

Keine Kommentare: